Thursday, May 20, 2004

This is not the end but a beautiful beginning

I sent out an e-mail today to all the Sr.s that I had e-mail addresses for. I thought I'd share it with the rest of you. Ps-Natalie, if I had any mistakes in this e-mail I am so sorry. I didn't even read over it to see if everything made sense.

Wow. Well here it is. My end-of-the-school-year e-mail. You all might think it's weird that I'm doing this, considering I didn't do an e-mail last year but on the drive home today I realized that I needed to say something. So here it is...

This is it people. The end of what we have come to consider an era. Though we will no longer have the label of "high schooler" attached to us we will still have to deal with drama, hard class assignments, and teachers who just don't like us but if we are strong enough to live through 4 years of it, I believe that we all are strong enough to live through a life time of it. On Monday, when your alarm goes off at it's usual time, just remember that even though these past few days have been hard on us all, whether we've had to deal with a lack of school spirit or maybe just hard times at home, we have one less thing to think about at 8 am in the morning (Thank you God).
This isn't Grease. We won't break out into song on the last day but that doesn't mean that it has to suck or be uber sad. I'm going to make Friday wonderful. I am going to march into that school with a smile and be the person who I've wanted to be all year. I am going to greet all of my friends with a "Can you Believe it?" or a "We've Made it" and not a "This day will suck" or "Uck, I can't wait till this is all over." I am going to enjoy every last second of tomorrow and when it's over I'm not going to cry because this is not goodbye but hello. We have only completed one tiny step of our lives. We have many, many more to go.
College is going to be scary for us all. It's new. It's different. It's a beginning. Don't worry about that. There are others going through the exact same thing! I know there are people out there, that like me, are most worried about being assigned a freaky roommate to share a dorm with. Dear Lord, protect me from the messy people! I will survive a bad roommate, just like I've survived everything else.

I have compiled a list of advice as we leave for the outside world. I hope you enjoy!

~Don't regret the things that have happened these 4 years. Everything happens for a purpose. We learn from our mistakes, do we not?

~Never forget that you are beautiful because you really are.

~Smile. Not only does it use less muscles than frowning but if it doesn't make your day, then it will make someone else's.

~Be you, even if others don't like it. Be as weird as you want to. Be as smart as you think you are because it's not what those OTHER people think. It's what you think that matters.

~Have fun not matter what or else it really isn't worth doing what you're doing. As Mary Poppins says,

"In ev'ry job that must be done
There is an element of fun
You find the fun and snap!
The job's a game"

~You make life what it is. Don't forget that.

~Don't obsess over things that you do not have control over. Instead think about the wonderful occurrences in life.

~Believe in something. Have faith.

~You are cool. You are more than cool. You are wicked awesome.

~Sing everyday.

~Play everyday.

I won't drag out this ending like some kind of bad commencement speech. I don't want to wish you all good luck because I believe none of you need it. You all will succeed in whatever you put your heart into.
This is not Farwell
This is just another hello.

No comments: