Monday, August 29, 2005

I'm gonna be honest here

iTunes: "Revolution" by The Beatles
I am: a consumer whore

So I regret to inform that I have come to the realization that I....am a consumer whore. ::screams:: I buy coffee from Star Bucks, I shop at Wal-Mart, and I shop (well more like "shopped") at American Eagle. ::gasp!:: The other day I was on the phone with a friend and mentioned that I was on my way out, to go on somewhat of a "shopping spree" at AE. His reaction was a natural, "NO!!"

I am a terrible person for shopping there. I really am. I should be shot down like the dirty harlot that I am.

Let's be honest people. The types of people that shop at AE tend to be, well, they're not individuals. They all look the same, talk the same, and walk the same. It's quite depressing. They're like robots without the cool gears. Oh, I remember the days when I used to make fun of those people. I would laugh and laugh.. and then I became one. It all started with me just dropping in and buying one screened tee and escalated to me buying pants, sweaters, and even a winter jacket. I hear that the first step to recovery is admitting that there is a problem and that you need help. Well, I'm here people and I need to be weaned off of American Eagle some after school drug.

Tomorrow I shall wear my Consumer Whore shirt as a symbol of my new life without AE!






I so rarely am able to wear this beautiful shirt. It isn't appropriate for all occasions. For Hannah's birthday: yes. For Sunday Church: No, definitely not.

So I got to use a blow torch on Friday. In metal/jewelry class we were learning how anneal copper so that it was softer and easier to create texture on. It was so empowering. I want to use the blow torch for everything. EVERYTHING! I could walk around work with it and if the popper were to break I'd just bust it out and BOOM! Laura saves the day. They would call me "blow torch girl" or something more catchy. I would be loved by all.

No comments: