Sunday, August 21, 2005

Birfday (yes, it's spelled correctly)

iTunes: "Papa was a rollin' stone" by The Temptations
I am: Not in the mood to work tomorrow

Oh man, Andrew's birthday celebration was a flippin' blast. I will have to tell this in part so for tonight...

PART 1 OF THE MOST AWESOME DAY EVER:

At 12:05pm it strikes me that I need to vandalize Andrew's car for his birthday. I make the decision that I have to go all out. To "the extreme" if you will. I send Logan (employee) to Party City with $20 out of my own wallet to buy 2 window chalk markers, 2 500 ft bundles of streamer, and as many boxes of saran wrap as possible. He returns. I decide that this must be done quick and with Logan's help. I grab him and another employee (Jessie, oh Jessie!) and we tell Becca that we will be going on an extended break. Jessie text messages Andre and finds out that he is in flippin' Nixa at Tanner's. A quick decision is made. We must drive out there so that we may trash his car. After driving all the way out there we are shocked to find out that he has left already. We grumble as we are forced to return to work. We revise our plan so that it will be after work that we attack. The time comes. Logan and I make our way to Andrew's apartment. There it is....his wonderful and clean Cavalier. It is 6:40pm and we are to meet at the Skating rink at 7pm so we don't have much time before he come out the door and sees us. I start writing random "birthday" messages while Logan takes a crack at covering everything with streamer and Saran wrap. At 6:50 we stop and run to his car. As we begin to move we gaze at the masterpiece that we created. Ah, orange and pink streamers covered in Saran wrap with hot pink writing on the windows (that is now smeared thanks to Logan). He drives across the street and we wait in a parking lot to watch. I call Daniel to get everyone to get out of the apartment so that Andrew will see. Oh the look on his face was precious. Then the group of people start point at Logan's car. Logan floors it in reverse and I ram into the back seat. We pass his house and head straight for the rink. It was greeeeat!

No comments: