Saturday, September 04, 2004

GET THE LEAD OUT

Theme music: "Fly" by New Anthem (new obsession of mine)
I am: questioning how much wood a wood-chuck could really chuck

Last night Andrew, Nicole, Christa, and I all went to Nubrew and saw two of the coolest Christian bands in the world. Education of Monkeys (who played at my church on Wednesday) and New Anthem ::drools all over keyboard::. It turns out that the Lead Guitarist is what I like to refer to as "eye candy.” I tried to get Andrew to go up to him and talk to him for me (because yes, I am still in Junior High) but he put up a fight. "What do you want me to say?! ::in a very feminine voice:: 'You played so well tonight! You guys are just so hot right now!'" "Fine! Mock me all you want!" I responded. To make a long story short there was no interaction between cute guitar man and I. He was too busy with the blonde high school bimbos.

Random story time:
When Tamila and I were in the 9th grade, we were pretty much attached at the hip. I remember how did stupid stuff all the time like starting new catch phrases. We even came up with the term "He has a little sweet in his tooth" which refers to one "sounding gay.” Then if a guy walked "gay" we'd say he "had a little shimmy in his shake." Well, the other day I was waiting for the elevator and I overheard this guy talking to his roommate and I couldn't help but think "Dude, that guy has so much 'sweet in his tooth' that he probably has cavities!" I attempted to cover up my laughter by running away but the second I hit the door to my room I cracked up. I ended up calling Tamila just so that I could have someone else to share in the laughter.
Tamila and I came up with stupid phrases like that all the way through high school When her debate partner Matt gave up rides home we’d roll down the windows and literally scream “GET THE LEAD OUT” at the small children walking home. Actually, it wasn’t even just small children. I believe that we yelled that at anyone who was walking…good times. Good times. How we were never beaten up is a mystery to me.

I have concluded that all art schools have the SAME EXACT ESSAY QUESTIONS. I swear there must be some kind of generic application floating around that schools just photo copy and give out.I've also found that these schools tend to take more interest in you when you mention that you will be transferring into their school. I've never received more phone calls from schools in my entire life!! I'm planning on going up to the Kansas City Art Institute next month to talk to one of their people. I've already done this once so this time it should go about 10 times faster. Finally:Natalie and Hannah will be excited to hear that my stellar photo album will be open to the public soon. So you guys will finally be able to get in without having to type in the lame password, I gave you, every time.

No comments: