Friday, June 04, 2004

One too many Harry Potter fans

Theme Music: "Under Pressure" by Queen
I am: SICK OF THE STUPID HARRY POTTER GEEKS

After today, I can safely say that I hate all Harry Potter fans…ALL OF THEM.

This morning everything was fine. Lori and I took an exciting trip to the bank and I almost put a dent in my car from a box of quarters (those suckers are heavy!). I mean, sure we had people lined up outside the doors at 8:15 for the 10am showing of HP3 but nothing even close to the crowds on opening day of LOTR: ROTK. I figured that since the “first showing” crowds weren’t so bad that the rest of the day would blow by like a soft summer breeze. The 10am and 10:30 am showings went over well, as expected. We weren’t slammed yet we had enough business to be making a profit. Then the 12s came…and boy did I learn not to judge a day by its opening crowds!
First off, one of our concessionists couldn’t come in (and eventually quit…long story) then someone got the bright idea to stop popping. As you can imagine we almost ran out of popcorn. I had never been so mad in my life. A movie theater just can run without popcorn! It’s sadistic! My head almost literally exploded when I heard that someone had decided to say to some of the newbies, “We have enough popcorn for today.” After I threaded to write some people up, I cooled off in the office (screaming really does make everything better) until about the 5/6pm round when we got beat to death. We had four registers open in concession and every one of them had a line to the box office. Sure, we had a runner for every register yet that made no impact on the lines!! It was crazy. I felt so bad for the closing managers that I ended up staying and extra 2 hours just to help stock.

The day wouldn’t have been so bad if the Harry Potter fans weren’t so annoying and/or mean. They kept asking the stupidest of questions and complaining about sound problems when there weren’t any.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

ROFLOL. Sorry, but it's really funny. Not that your day at work sucked, but that you now hate all Harry Potter geeks. Hee hee. Beware the wrath of Laura. Btw, has Andrew asked me out yet? No? Didn't think so. =P