Saturday, June 26, 2004

Bumps in the night

Stuck in my head: "Tainted Love" by Soft Cell
I am: freakin out

It starts out to be a rockin night. You end up closing the theater faster then expected, you borrowed an awesome CD from one of the Assistant Managers, and you just read the funniest email on earth. Then you hear it...the scratching, the moaning, the chirping. THERE IS SOME KIND OF ANIMAL IN OUR ATTIC AND IT IS GOING TO EAT ME. SAVE ME!! Oh God, I can picture it now. It's probably some kind of hairy-mutant Daddy-Long-Legs. It's pissed because I killed its sister. I know it. Darn me and my incessant need to kill all bugs that come within 5 feet of me!

I guess Hannah is encountering the same problem tonight:

Nights like this are almost enough to make me want to move out, and get an apartment, where everything that is capable of making suspicious noises in the night is within sight of me. Before this night is over, I'll very likely spot a mylar balloon demon or a creepy tentacle demon on the ceiling again. I'm freaking myself out just sitting here, but at least I didn't make it worse by watching 2001: A Space Odyssey before bed.


No comments: