Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Craving God

Theme music: "Spoon" By Cadet
I am: Renewed, Energized, And Happier

"my heart is craving a little revelation
Oh so much sweeter than my imagination
I’m telling my heart catch the sunlight with a spoon
I’ve only tasted your reflection off the moon
My heart is moved by a higher expectation
Of something sweeter than all of creation
Every time I blink you'll see it
May I have one glimpse of you?
Every time I breathe you'll hear it
May I have one word from you
"

I open this post with a few words from one of my favorite Christian bands, Cadet, because they summed up this entire night for me.

I ended up deciding to go to the Youth/College group tonight because God is so much more important than any petty problems in my life. I really thought the night was going to suck for various reasons but as soon as Ray (pastor) started talking everything just faded away. I wasn’t thinking about stressful events of how I would deal with upcoming conflicts, it was just the words and I. He talked about how people sometimes seem to loose their passion for church and how we can avoid such a thing by exploring what God has to offer us. It was awesome.

I made the right choice by going because when I left I felt ten times better then I did when I came in.

God rocks, you guys!!

No comments: