Monday, April 26, 2004

The Projection God is laughing at me as I speak

Uck. Work was not fun today. Projector 4 brain wrapped (if you don't know what that means then well...let's just say it's not a good thing to happen during a movie) and a spring from Projector 2 popped off. Not only that but I had to break down the Kid's Show. My entire shift was spent upstairs cleaning or doing movie checks. Uck.

I can tell that I'm in need of a long rest because my paranoia is acting up again. I'm starting to think that there's a conspiracy against me. I remember this one time I thought that these two girls behind me in Algebra class were complaining about me when they were really talking about Orange Juice. Then there was this one time I was convinced that birds WANTED me to hit them with my car. It's highly amusing to my friends. Not as amusing to me.

Random story time:
Three years ago my best friend, at the time, was obsessed with this hot upper-classman named Timmy. She had the wedding planed out and everything (I still remember the wedding colors; Silver and Baby Blue). It was the most annoying thing in the entire world!! Everyday it was something new about Timmy. "Timmy sat next to me today" "Timmy wore blue today" "Timmy smiled today..." blah blah blah!! The extent of their relationship was a few phone calls. Yeah, they talked once or twice but never made a date. I don't even think they talked for more then 20 mins with each other.

One night, a group of us drove to his house and grabbed a hand full of grass. Yeah, but that wasn't enough. We went back a second time to grab a handful of snow from his yard. It was sad...very very sad. She honestly thought she was going to marry this guy she barely knew. I was a good friend though. I supported her, even though I knew that this stupid fantasy was..well..stupid. I believe that her obsession killed her. I think it made her life harder because she saw something that she wanted but knew she couldn't have. She made this Timmy guy out to be some kind of perfect person that he probably wasn't. She got over it eventually, when she got a REAL boyfriend (thank you GOD!). When I look back on those days of obsession I laugh because we were acting like 12-year-olds. I wonder what happened to that grass that we stole?

No comments: