Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Dive, thoughts, down to my soul

I went to borders tonight in hopes of buying a copy of Richard III, one of the few Shakespearean plays that I have not read completely. Oh man, that is one delicious play. Talk about awesome villains!

"I, that am curtail'd of this fair proportion,

Cheated of feature by dissembling nature,

Deform'd, unfinish'd, sent before my time

Into this breathing world scarce half made up,

And that so lamely and unfashionable

That dogs bark at me as I halt by them;

--Why, I, in this weak piping time of peace,

Have no delight to pass away the time,

Unless to spy my shadow in the sun,And descant on mine own deformity:

And therefore,--since I cannot prove a lover,

To entertain these fair well-spoken days,--

I am determined to prove a villain,

And hate the idle pleasures of these days.

Plots have I laid, inductions dangerous,

By drunken prophecies, libels, and dreams,

To set my brother Clarence and the king

In deadly hate the one against the other..."



Interesting fact and completely sidetracking my story: Most people remember the play for it's famous opening line of "Now is the winter of our discontent, made glorious summer by this sun of York."

Now don't get me wrong, I love Borders, but every freakin' time I go in there they don't have the exact book that I want and I end up buying some worthless book that I thought I needed. Well, when I shimmied over to the Shakespearean section I was not at all shocked to see that they only had ONE copy of Richard III and it was a "I'm in high school and need the cheapest copy of Richard III out there" copy. I was very upset. So, to cool my nerves I attempted to find a somewhat new Dave Eggers book called "How We Are Hungry", a book that I have been waiting to read for a very long time. Once again I was NOT surprised to see that they ONLY had a hardback copy that would steal $22 out of my wallet. I restrained myself and walked out of the store without buying a gosh darn thing. I think I have only done this two times.

On a side note: I got my grade back for last week's email essay for my Lit. of the New testament Class and it was awesomely wicked! She said that I posed questions that I should have brought up in class so that we all could discuss them!

No comments: