Friday, October 03, 2003

(Untitled)

clique

n : an exclusive circle of people with a common purpose

n.

A small exclusive group of friends or associates.

I hate cliques with a passion. I know I usually ended up in one from 7th to 11th grade but now that I'm a Sr. I hate them with a passion. Its just not cool to exclude other people. In fact its really immature.

The way I see it a clique consists of these main parts:

1. The Ringleader

This is the person who controls the entire group and holds the most power. Seen as the most popular or attractive, The group typically follows his/her every move. Gatherings are almost always at the ringleader's house.

2. Second in Command

The Best friend too the Ringleader. Like the vice president he/she fills in where needed. Holds the second most power.

3. The Suck-ups

Their only purpose is to kiss up as much as possible. The ONLY REASON why they are third, power wise is because the ringleaders think they are perfect little angels who could do no harm when the truth is they are secretly out to overthrow the leader.Sad Sad people.

4. Wanna be's

These are the rest of the people in the clique. They prance around admiring the ringleader.Consisting of the "funny one", the "Arty one", the "sporty one", or whatever other label you can slap on them.

When it comes down to it they think they're better then everyone else. They are usually tightly knit and don't let "outsiders" in very easily. It sucks. Its not nice to other people and I'm ashamed that I was ever in one. I never want to exclude anyone from anything EVER.

***************

Its been a bad night. If you know me then you know that I am constantly smiling or laughing about something but that's not the case tonight. Do you ever feel like your invisible, like no one really notices whether or not you're there? I hate that feeling. Usually I just shake it by thinking all the funny things that happened that day or about Katelyn O'Connor saying "Because I'm not a jerk!" (lol!) but there comes a point when a person can smile no longer. I don't feel like being all happy and ditzy today or tomorrow. I don't think people even notice that I do that to make a positive impact on them. Tomorrow I don't think I'll smile and see if anyone notices. Chances are they won't because they haven't before but whatever.

I feel very....forsaken (is that the right word?). Like no one cares whether or not I laugh at the hard stuff and try to be positive. I don't know. Its late and I'm sure I'm only saying this because I'm so tired. i'll be back to my bubble-ly self soon enough. No worries!

No comments: