Thursday, October 14, 2004

So that's why growling isn't something you do in public

Stuck in my head: "The small print" by Muse
I am: half asleep

I've got this one verse from The Small Print stuck in my head.

"Sell, I'll sell your memories
For 15 pounds per year
But just the good days"

Now I have to play that song on iTunes until my ears bleed. Great, just great.

I went by my house today in hopes of picking up my American Eagle charge card (which should have arrived today but sadly didn't meaning I will have to wait at least 24 more hours to scream for joy). I guess before I get too far into this story I should explain that I have two dogs. Yes, they are very cute but bark like the dickens when they see something interesting, in other words they are constantly barking. Well, when they bark I tend to play around with them by barking back. Geeze that sounds weird but I promise you that it's a normal thing to do. Kind of like when people want to go into their baby voices whenever they see a small child. It's a thing that people do...I don't know. ANYWAY, back to the story: I go out to the mail, running so fast that the raindrops couldn't possibly touch me (no, really but I'd like to think so) and as usual the dogs start barking. On my way back to the door I could see them barking through our awesome glass storm door so I did one of those weird faces as them and started growling, which drives them nuts because they can see me through the door but they sadly can't get to me. Haha, stupid dogs! All of the sudden I hear this car door close and turn around to see a repair man across the street just staring at me. I wasn't quite sure what to do so the both of us just stood there, staring at each other until I ran inside and started laughing hysterically.

Rachel has informed me that she may not return back to the dorms for quite some time.

"I may not even return. I'm just going to disappear."
"Okie dokie." I say while typing away at the computer, "Don't die."
"Oh I won't. I'll be ok." she says as she begins to walk out the door
"Ok good. Have a good time and eat some waffles."
At this point she stops in the middle of the door way and turns around completely to give me a look like What?! but I beat her there by doing my "Eh, I have no idea what I'm saying" shrug of the shoulders look. It was one of those roommate moments that you'll never forget.

No comments: