Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Squirrels

Theme Music: "Pardon Me" by Incubus
I am: restless

Classes are going well. Everyone seems to be very friendly but I'm not quite sure that I really enjoy college. Maybe it's not that I'm "not enjoying college" maybe it's that I'm not enjoying my life right now. Who knows. I'm very restless though.

I had the most random conversation with a guy on the elevator a few nights ago. As I waited in the elevator with my tripod case flung over my shoulder a guy inquired what the heck I had in the case. I believe he asked me if it was a gun or blueprints.
“Oh it’s a tripod for my camera,” I said.
“Are you like a photographer or something?”
“Haha yeah something like that.”
“So what do you take pictures of?”
“Just random things but mostly people.”
“Well you know what you should take pictures of?” At this point, I am pretty freaked out that he’s going to say something pedophile -ish

“What?”
“Squirrels.”
“Really?” ::I try to contain my laughter.::
“Yeah. They’re CRAZY here. They randomly attack all the students here!”
“Yeah I think I’ve heard that before.”
“You could get an awesome shot of one attacking someone.”
“That would definitely be different.” ::I slowly back away praying that my floor will soon be upon us::
“You really need to take some squirrel pictures!”
The elevator beeps indicating that we have reached my floor so I say goodbye to the nice squirrel guy and leave. I got back to my dorm room and pretty much couldn't stop laughing.

I think I should take some squirrel pictures just for him.

No comments: