Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Mounting bobcats and comatose states

Theme song: "Laid" Matt Nathanson
I am: fearful of bad habits

As I was unlocking my bike to go to class I heard my name screamed across the court yard. I turned around and low and behold it was TAMILA! I immediately screamed , "TAMILA DANIELLE GRESHAM WHAT ARE YOU DOING??!!" I came to find out that she is in the same dorm as me and only 2 floors up. After class we got together with her boyfriend Steve to get some food. I can honestly say it was the most fun I've had in a few days. The best part of the afternoon was when Steve retold a story that Tamila's Father had told about him and his new girlfriend who is "as country as buttermilk." apparently the two (Tamila's Dad and the girlfriend) were driving down the road when they came upon a bobcat. Now this is where the story gets sketchy. First of all...what is a bobcat doing by the side of the road? Just chillin' like a villain?? I guess Tamila's Dad thought it would be great to bust out a 2x4 and beat it to death. Why the bobcat didn't run away or maybe attack is beyond me. The animal must have had special needs or something because I'm sure it could have taken Tamila's Dad out with one hit. So after killing this defenseless animal they took it home and "mounted it." At the time that this story was being told to Steve he didn't quite understand that they're are multiple definitions of mounting. I believe he said that he was thinking, "Well I knew her dad was from the South but I didn't think he was THAT southern." He finally understood that the corpse was placed above their mantle and not used as some kind of sexual toy.

Another story about Tamila:
I called her up to ask if she wanted to hang out but...
"I'm napping with Steve right now." she said.
"Are you spooning with Steve, Tamila?"
"We were earlier but now we're just sleeping."
"Well ok...I'll let you return to your utensil-like comatose state."
She laughed and hung up.

Good times...good times.

No comments: