Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Making Dave Eggers Proud

Theme Song: "Complainte De La Butte" by Rufus Wainwright but sounds exactly like Ewan McGregor none the less it is absolutely beautiful
I am: drawing

It's been a very artsy-fartsy few days for me. We've gone to quite a few museums while down in Atlanta and the experience has really opened my eyes to different styles. I've taken this time to experiment with my 35mm camera to try to get a handle on how to capture the "right shot." I used my mother and father's digital camera at the Fern Bank Museum to take these awesome looking pictures from the DNA exhibit. What's really cool is that I barely had to alter them. I can't wait to post them for everyone to see! I think I'm even more excited about getting my 35mm shots developed. Today we went to the Botanical Gardens Chihuly exhibit. Dale Chihuly creates these AMAZING glass sculptures that have been mixed in with the most exotic flowers in the world. There was no better time to whip out the camera than when we were there. I am positive that the pictures will turn out breath taking. Now that I think of it, my tattoo really would have fit it with all those flowers. Infact, I believe I saw a flower that looked JUST like my tattoo. Freaky weird.

Why I should stop wearing my backless tennis shoes:

We were getting ready to enter the conservatory when we see the serine looking pond right infront of the doors. We walk over and see that they have mixed these glass balls in with the water Lilies and Lilly pads. I was quite amazed by the sight of it all. It was as if I was looking at something out of a coffee-table book from the Mud House. I went closer to take some pictures. That's when my sister started yelling at me to come over and look at the frogs who had popped their heads out of the water. At first I was hesitant. I mean who really wants to look at frogs? I slowly walked over and surely enough I saw these frogs with somewhat of a reflective skin, something I had NEVER seen before. My sister, egged me on to take a few shots so I sit down on this sort of ledge that they have separating the pond from the walking area and started clicking away. When I had take about 3 or 4 really nice shots my sister called me over to tell me that the family was bored with the frogs and that it was time to move on. I turned around and felt my shoe catch on something and PLOP. It falls right into the nasty green water. I panicked and tried to grab it as fast as I could, while my sister, mother, and father, all died from laughter. Unfortunately it slipped out of my hands and once again into the water, making an even bigger splash and noise. It was awful. To top everything off, all the observers of my folly freaked out and thought I had dropped my camera in so they all ran over and asked what happened. Ugh. I had to walk around the rest of the time with one wet foot. My family thought it was the greatest thing in the entire world. My sister couldn't stop making cracks about it. I guess it's ironic considering about 10 minutes before that all happened I had just read a sign that said "Please do not put objects in water." It's even more ironic that, that sign was RIGHT BY where my shoe fell in. ::sigh:: my life is like some kind of Dave Eggers book.

Ack, a good episode of X-Files is coming on and I mustn't miss a minute of Mulder.

No comments: