Friday, January 26, 2007

1408

When Stephen King's novel "Everything's Eventual" first came out, I ran to the bookstore to get it. I consider Stephen King one of the few authors whose descriptive writing can scare the crap out of me. Early reviews of "Everything's Eventual" raved about the frightful stories within. I must say that though most of the stories were quite disturbing, the story that really got to me was one titled "1408". The story begins by introducing the main character Mike Enslin an author who wrote several books about Haunted dwellings that he stayed in over the years. Even though only 9 pages of the story take place in the room, it is those 9 pages that I became so freaked out that I vowed to never stay in a hotel again (obviously I got over my fear of hotel rooms). Anyway, today, while on my daily trailer hunt, I found a trailer for 1408 starring John Cusack and Samuel L. Jackson. You might remember THIS post in which I first mentioned the talks of a movie being made. At first glance it is abundantly clear that they have changed the story a bit. In fact, there are a few moments that I found almost comical. As disappointed as I am, I still have a desire to see this movie.

Check it out for yourself HERE.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

When did John Cusack become not cute anymore? When did Samuel L. Jackson start looking so unstatuesque? When did Stephen King decide it would be a good idea to write more freaky crap taking place in hotels?