Sunday, May 07, 2006

Coughing is fun!

So I'll just come out and say it, you guys suck. Yes, you guys who feel the need to leave Springfield to pursue, only the Lord knows what. Yes, Hannah..Natalie...and whoever else is leaving me in Springfield to fend for myself. Gr. I hate you all (but can I still stay in your apartment when I come and visit?). It makes me feel as though I should be moving to some exotic place that would better suit my talents. To be honest, I don't feel this overwhelming force calling me or pulling me in any sort of direction. If anything I feel as though my place is here in Springfield. I think if God intended me to leave Springfield I would know it and maybe he will call me some place other than here but for the moment…he is not. I think Andrew jokingly made me promise that Justin and I (being his only single friends now) that we would never leave Springfield and that we would never get married. I answered with a solemn, "Unless certain circumstances happen I will not leave Springfield." I then told him that I preferred to NOT be the local cat lady and thus would probably like to get married at some point in my life.

It’s funny, I don’t usually get an abundance of phone calls, ever, but since I’ve been sick and ultimately lost my voice, I’ve had more phone calls than normal. Usually, I get text messages galore (WHY?!!) but instead of just texting a simple sentence people feel the need to call and say the five or six words that clearly could not be expressed though a ten cent message. Which I have responded all throughout today with, “::cough cough:: I’m sorry but it really hurts to talk.” To which they respond, “Oh are you sick?” No, no I am not sick. Sometimes I like to tell people in a raspy and very unattractive voice, that it hurts to talk so that I may provoke an hour-long discussion about nothing. If you didn’t get the sarcasm there then well, I don’t know what to tell you.

Irony is awesome.

As you can imagine I am

No comments: