Thursday, February 02, 2006

Pull this thread as I walk away

iTunes: "Undone" by Weezer
I am: Chillin' in the cut

On an awesome scale from 1 to 10, Hannah's birthday party ranked a 9.5. The only possible way for her to have received a 10 would have been for us to have watched some sort of Danny Boyle movie or possibly watched an Apple commercial for the iMac G5 with an overlay of Jeff Goldblum saying "Must go faster...must go faster..."

I can't decided if the night hit it's peek when Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin actually played the "Sweater Song" upon request by Natalie or when I was able to discuss the workings of Lost with John Robbert (aka lead singer of SSLYBY) or maybe when Ben Harrel whipped out a guitar and played "Time is Running Out" and "1979" perfectly. I'm not sure but man, it was a good concert/party.

I have more exciting news. I have discovered another fabulous local band thanks to Hannah who hired them as the opening act for SSLYBY. They are called A Blue Treehouse and the Homeless Beard. I encourage everyone to drop by the Bellmonte this Friday and throw wads of cash at them.

I was so excited that I was able to use this chance to finish up a roll of 36 exposure black and white film that I would be developing (yes, the professors at MSU let me play with chemicals. I don't know what they were thinking, either) in Photography class on Monday. I could just picture the envy on my fellow classmates face's as they saw that yes, I attended a private SSLYBY concert. Well, Monday rolled around and I was hit with the unpleasant surprise of finding out that 80% of my roll was underexposed.


[warning: technical jargon about to hit] I mean, ARG! I knew that with the low light I needed a low f/stop! I KNEW THAT I NEEDED A FAST SHUTTER SPEED FOR THE FAST ACTION but no. Did I think about the fact that even thought the low f/stop would let in more light, the fast shutter speed would let in less light thus canceling out the f/stop? No. I did not think. And now I am left with nothing but a roll of underexposed film. UNDEREXPOSED I SAY! Arg. If there was ever a roll of film that I wanted to turn out, it was this roll. I had the coolest pictures...now...now they are gone.

I do believe that Hannah almost died and went to Heaven when John Robert broke a guitar string on ,as she says, "A nearly perfect rendition of 'Undone (Sweater Song)'" and had to borrow hers for over half of the set.

No comments: