Monday, February 06, 2006

This day has sucked...

iTunes: "So Glad That it's over" by 12 Rods
I am: Shamed

Today was the first day that we would be doing paper developing in Photography, so you can imagine how stoked I was to get in there and see what my SSLYBY photos would look like in an 8 x 10 format.

Naturally, our teacher wanted to see our first print after we were done. One after another he looks at everyone's prints and says, "Try exposing for 5 more seconds" or "You might want to try a little less exposure time". Well, he gets to mine (remember we're all in a group hearing what he is saying about every individual's picture) and the FIRST thing he says is " ::disgusted sigh:: God, like the world needs another picture of some guy playing a guitar." As you can imagine I was not only completely embarrassed but shamed to an extent that I have never been shamed before. Oh course MINE is the only one he says something negative about. Now, if I had been spunky this morning, or maybe just a bit more confident about my work I might have responded with, "Gosh. Just what the world needs, another sarcastic art teacher" but I was neither spunky nor confident so I just stood there, head down, looking like a shot puppy dog.
Thankfully, the second that he left the dark room and we had begun developing with a different filter, some nice people said, "I don't care what he says. I like the guitar."

No comments: