Monday, February 02, 2004

::cough cough:: ya birthday ::cough cough::

I've never felt so sick in my life, well, there was that one time when we were coming back from Texas...but still I feel yucky. My sister called me a big baby. I told her that if I'm a baby then I must get it from her. Hehehe, that's what she gets for not calling me for 3 weeks!! Atleast she called on my Birthday. We had a very nice conversation on how I have to pay like $900 for insurance. She called me a baby again. She said her insurance is about $1100 and how I shouldn't complain. I told her she just mooches off the Air Force and she's a doctor so she's just rolling in the money. I don't think she liked my little comment. She knows I love her and I really do.

I was at the orthodotist the other day sitting in that horribly tacky chair (BTW my word for the month is tacky, because that's what everything appears to be), and Tracy Chapman came over the radio.

I want a ticket to anywhere
Maybe we make a deal
Maybe together we can get somewhere

Anyplace is better
Starting from zero got nothing to lose
Maybe we'll make something
But me myself I got nothing to prove

You got a fast car
And I got a plan to get us out of here
I been working at the convenience store
Managed to save just a little bit of money
We won't have to drive too far
Just 'cross the border and into the city
You and I can both get jobs
And finally see what it means to be living


I never was a really big fan of hers. My sister got me to start listening to her when we still lived in Lawrence. Anyway, my point is that, that if my life was a movie and at that one scene in the movie there needed to be some kind of background song then that would be it. I can just see myself driving to work, cut to me working, cut to me driving back home. Perfect.

Someone said I was really sweet the other day and I didn't know how to respond. Do I say "thank you" and pretend that I'm really this super nice person that I don't think I am? I do nice things for people because that's what christians should do. I SHOULD go out of my way to make people happy because it's the right thing.

I went out of my way to get Laurie a lifesize LOTR character "standee" because she's a good person . I went out of my way to decorate Amanda's car because I knew it would make up for the crap she went through last year. I decorated Ashley's car everyday before her birthday because she does all these nice things for me so I wanted to show her how great she is. I used up my gas in my car to get Andrew the DVD set that he wanted because I knew that if I did that for him then the rest of the day he would just ooze happiness when the rest of his day was really bad...

It's no big deal to me. This is friendship, not even that. I'm being nice because people deserve positive things in negitive times. I'd do just about anything for any of my friends, co-workers, or fellow students and I would hope that they would do the same for others.

No comments: