Friday, January 02, 2004

::sigh:: again

Natalie's post has brought up some very good questions about the unattainable men in our lives. For me, I develop a crush and if it is not acted upon then it slowly dies down. I develop crushes more then intensely with every year that goes by that I don't have a boyfriend. It's quite sad but in a way teaches me that appearences are very much so deceiving. Almost 90% of the time, I'm happy that the crushes die down because the guy turns out being annoying in more way the one.

A long time ago, I thought that there was such an unattainable guy in my life that I considered perfect but he clearly did not feel the same, and THANK GOD FOR THAT. He's a sick, twisted man, who needs help (lol)!!

It's funny because I had mentioned to Natalie about this new crush that was being developed, (I thought the guy had the most wonderful personality) and right after I had told her, I found out the guy was into someone else (he has "interesting" taste if you ask me. I am clearly more mature and intelligent then her). I keep trying to tell myself that it was a stupid crush, which it was, but somehow I still feel the sting of rejection.

I saw Cold Mountain for the employee preview the other night and I pretty much can sum that movie up in 3 words, JUDE LAW'S BUTT. OMG, his bare-"nicked"-butt much show 4 times in that movie!! I'm pretty unsatisfied with the ending but it was very much so expected. I mean how many times can you shoot a guy before he dies? Appearently three (lol). I was very impressed with the amazing acting job Nicole Kidman did. She really shines in this role.

Amanda and I talked after the preview about some problems that both she and I have noticed at work. Nothing that can be mentioned here but it was nice to get things about into the air. I felt like I wasn't the only one having issues. Amanda has this wonderful ability to bond with anyone. She is not in the least bit shy and her personality attracts people to her. I am in awe this ability. I mean, even though she's worked there less time then me she has managed to get closer to the managers then I probably ever will. I would love to be able to do that. I just don't know how. Anway the point of this story is that right before I left her car she said the funniest thing every!! "By the way Laura, your boobs look very big tonight." ROFL!! It was so funny and so random! Sure I was a little freaked out about it but she has a boyfriend and is very much so a christian. That just made my night.

Work is so crazy. I've had about 38 hours this week. INSANE I SAY! INSANE!!! Tonight I had some lady scream at me for not giving her daughter the student discount. I nicely explained that the discount only appies to college students and she flipped out, as if I had made the policy! I was tempted to tell her to take a chill pill. Lol, it's only a $1.50 difference.

No comments: