Friday, December 26, 2003

I've been to hell and back

I worked on Christmas and it was crazy. We sold out of almost every single show (the only one that hardly sold at all was Peter Pan, which I hear is very "gay").

It amazes me how many people will choose seeing a movie over quality family time. When I arrived at work, at about 2:30pm (we opened at 3:45pm) there was already a crowd of people around our doors. As I approached they all swarmed me like flies on poo (sorry that was the only way to really get my point across). I was bombarded with questions and might I say they were pretty stupid ones.
Ex. "Are you sold out of LOTR ROTK?"
What I wanted to say was, "Why yes, we haven't even opened our doors but we sold 480 tickets to those little green elves that live inside the theater."


on a side note, I do believe the theater is haunted by the angry spirits of past employees, but that is a whole different story that shall be told at a later time.


Anyway the managers finally showed up and let us in at 3:00pm. By 3:30pm there was a line all the way from the locked doors to the street. When we finally unlocked the doors people rushed in like we were selling Tickle Me Elmo dolls that could be bought no where else. The first lady bought 15 tickets to ROTK. The next bought 12 tickets to ROTK. As you can imagine we soldout very quickly. CRAZY I SAY CRAZY!

Other then the massive amount of people the day was good. I was excited when one of my managers actually invited me over to play his Simpson's trivia game. The only thing about that is that I think he just says things like that and doesn't really expect me to hang out with him. You know how there's always that popular boy at school that everyone wants to hang out with because he's just so...well...cool. That's Andrew. He's an awesome manager that everyone wants to hang out with. It's so weird because almost all the employees have been over to his apt. to hang out and play games except me and I've been there for a year and a half (much longer than most).

After I left work, without hanging out with Andrew, I zipped over to Ashley's house to see what she was up to. I talked with her for about 30 mins and caught up with everything that was going on in her life. I feel so bad that I haven't been hanging out with her as much. It's just that I work so much that I have no time for fun.

OMG the guys at my work are so...ug! A long time ago I heard this story about an ex employee who used to say this code over the walkie (walkie talkie) to let all the guys know that there was a really hot girl in the lobby. At the time I thought, "wow I'm glad he doesn't work here anymore because I'd beat him sensless if he ever said anything like that infront of me." I went about my business and a few months later I hear over the walkie this CODE clearly being spoken by one of my managers!! I WAS SOOO MAD that they were using the walkie to call all these guys to come out and oogle some slutty girl! I yelled at one that he was being a pig and his only response was "You're only upset because I'm not saying the code about you." Which is a typical guy remark and might a say a third grade response. Now I could still be upset at all of these guys managers but I have decided that it is only fair IF they let the girls come up with their own code. We have and might I say we did an awesome job of picking it. No longer will hot men go unnoticed! "Ayeyeye. Muy Caliente!"

Christmas has rocked for me. I have not only been bless with a super great family but also wonder gifts (lol)!

Gots to love da...
*PS2
*Wireless controller for PS2
*2 games for PS2 (Kingdom Hearts and Prince of Persia)
*Sweet action Printer
*green shoes
*brand spankin' new desk
*Offspring CD

In fact I think I'm going to go play with the PS2 now. Kingdom Heats is very addictive.

No comments: