Monday, July 14, 2003

::God save the weak::

::God save the weak::
So I was at Journalism camp last week and looking through magazines when I found this article called "Why Aren't You Listening, God?" It was basicly about this girl who was being made fun of because she had glasses so she prayed to God every night that he would make her sight better (yeah I thought that was stupid too). After years and years of no answer she got upset and started to lose faith. As she put it in the article " God knew my real need. I did need a repair but not on my eyes but on my heart". She soon saw that God was answering her prayer. He was making her look deep inside herself for what she really wanted, an emotional healing. I advise that everyone try and read this article. Its in Campus Life , the June/July issue of this year.


The BIGGEST petpeeve I have are those who are weak in faith. I don't care what you believe but believe in it. Don't chose a faith because its the latest fad or because it sounds cool, chose it because its what's going to make your life better. I am a christian because I know in my heart that no other religion would fit me. Sorry, but buddah just won't work for me. See God and I are cool. "I call him G-dog and he calls me Lolo". It just works like that. If you can find that kind of relationship God then you're set.

No comments: