Monday, July 14, 2003

:: a change would do you good::

:: a change would do you good::
as you can see I've changed the page around a bit. I haven't gotten the new site ready yet so stuff is going to be posted here for a while. I also think I have broken my thumb. Hmmm maybe the swelling will go down in a few days. See at camp a few of us decided to play pool w/o the pool sticks and that was...uh dumb. Somehow my thumb got suck between the 8 ball and the 5 ball. It was pretty painful but I got over it. Now its this pretty purple. Maybe thats a good thing.

I haven't talked to my Best Friend Tamila in a while. I called up Matt (her debate partner) and he said that she's in Az. for the rest of the summer. My fear is that her family is going to make her stay there and I'll never get to say goodbye to her. I feel really bad that we haven't been hanging out at all. I have faith that she's going to call me and give me the low-down on what her living sit. is. Last time I talked to her she mentioned something about them moving back here so that she could finish highschool. I know her and her boyfriend have a pretty close relationship (hehehe 'inside joke' nothing bad) so I can't see her leaving without putting up a fight.

Work is going good. A few weeks ago they decided to finally put me in box. Sure it sucked the first day but when I worked it last night it was great!!! I feel really confident about what I'm doing now. Not only am I working box but I'm also going to get 2 free frappuccinos. One of my managers told me that if I sold 30 large drinks he'd buy me one and obviously I did (33 to be exact). You'd be suprised how hard it is to get people to buy large drinks! At one point I was trying to convince people that it would save their relationship with their significant other ("You know, if you get a large drink you wouldn't have to fight over who gets the last sip because there is SOOOO much that its highly unlikely that you'll finish it before the movie is over") I can't believe that worked.

Then last night I stayed and extra 2 hours to help out with the 'Pirates' rush which earned me another frappuccino. I love it when managers bribe you with caffeine.

At one point we had to make the line go out the door because of a fire hazard so Blair starts shouting "If you have tickets and are waiting to be seated we need to start making the line go out the door." and some lady turned around and screamed at her "EXCUSE ME BUT ITS HOT OUTSIDE AND SOME OF US DON'T WANT TO BE IN THAT KIND OF HEAT!" It was so funny. I thought Blair was going to turn around and smack her or something but she kept her cool. I was impressed.


song of the moment: My Sharona- by The Knack

The ONLY reason I picked this song is because we have this promo DVD that plays the trailer for Charle's Angels 2 with that stupid song on it. I SWARE IF I HEAR THAT SONG ONE MORE TIME.....arg! Yesterday I kept singing the lyrics over and over which I'm sure scared the customers (they kept giving me weird looks but that could have been because I'm weird).

No comments: