Thursday, March 30, 2006

Sniffy McSniffertons

iTunes: "Speed of Sound" by Cadet
I am: Snotty but not in a stuck up sense more like snot is running down my face (how attractive is that picture?)

I do not think that I can express how much I hate getting colds. I especially hate getting colds while school is still in session and today was the prime example of why. Like a good student, I went to school sniffling, coughing, and praying to God that my head would just explode and that would be the end of it. Well, because of my lack of better judgement, I did not bring any Kleenex wit me to school. Hey, let's blame that genius idea on all the Nyquil I had ingested. Anyway, the first half of the day, it didn't really matter because well, my nose wasn't running that bad. Ha! At 11:17, in the MIDDLE of my math class, the Nyquil wears off and snot runs from my nose a la Niagara Falls style. At first, I attempt to sniff it all back up into the deep cavernous nostrils that I have. After about 10 minuets I come to the realization that, that isn't working. Suddenly snot escapes from one of the nostrils and begins to drip lower and lower onto my upper lip. You have to imagine the instant panic I experienced. There was NOTHING I could do to stop what was about to be the most disgusting event; snot dripping down onto my lip and possibly slipping into my mouth. I tried to hide the snot by carefully placing my hand conveniently over my face, but no. That wasn't going to help. I had to consider my options:

a) let the snot drip and deal with it
OR
b) use my sleeve ((ew) to catch what I could before I was snot-ified

LUCKILY while I was strategizing, the class was ending and when my professor dismissed us I made a mad dash for the first kleenex box I could find.

No comments: