Monday, March 06, 2006

"AHHH" is an understatement

iTunes: "You Don't Fool Me" by Queen
I am: in a terrible mood for the next 24 hours

The anger I feel at this point can only be related to the anger that was felt by America when Halle Berry did Catwoman.

received this morning:

Laura,

Well, not good news this morning. Apple has delayed the shipment of your MacBook Pro again, estimated now to ship on/before March 13th. I haven't had a chance yet to talk with my rep but will try to find out what's going on and let you know.
Sorry for the disappointing news.


Deborah
Technology Buyer Sales
State University Bookstore

I am so pissed. No one can even relate to how pissed I am right now. So while I have been waiting for my Birthday present for what, 2 FREAKING MONTHS now my friends have all bought new iPods, XBOX 360s, motorcycles, SLR digital cameras, and even received MacBook Pros BEFORE me. Jealously is consuming my soul. Not even the thought that tomorrow at 7 pm I will be seeing Jared Leto and his band 30 Seconds To Mars live, can smother this anger with joy. No. No no no. I will not be in the WORST possible mood all week. I swear is someone buys something super new (for instance: a new computer, a new car, or anything else that would over shadow my Macbook Pro) I will implode. I promise. I WILL IMPLODE.

To make matters worse, I was invited to a board game party this Friday and told that everyone was allow one guest (it's a small group of us from one of my art classes). I was then told that everyone was bringing their boyfriends. Haha. Silly me. I forgot to get one. Well, when I informed the host today that I was the cliche single chick, she did this,
"Oh. Um, that's ok. Just invite a friend."
"Well, I don't have any single guy friends..."
"That's ok to. Just bring a friend."
"But all of you guys are going to have your boyfriends with you. It'll be weird if I just invite a random friend."
"Well, it'll be ok."
Faaaaaan-tastic. I am not bringing anyone and once again I will be the odd one out. FAN-TASTIC.

No comments: