Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Agrophobia

As a precautionary act, I never answer the door when I am home alone. Any girl will tell you, that answering the door is begging to re-enact a cheaply made horror flick.

So about 15 minutes ago when our doorbell rings, I go through my usual routine of pretending to not hear it. When it rings again, I assume it is the UPS man and once again, continue on with catching up on my winter reading. Now, when the doorbell rings about 15 more times I begin to wonder and notice that there is quite a strange car out in our drive way. I wait for about 15 more minutes watching from a tiny crack in the shades. The man, whom I have never seen before and could definitely be an extra in Deliverance, gets into his car and just sits in our driveway for about 5-10 more minutes before he pulls out and leaves.

assuming that I didn't get the message about someone dropping by the house I call both parents. Both have no idea who this man could possibly be.

Thus concludes my Twilight Zone day.

No comments: