Thursday, November 10, 2005

Leaving your mark is overrated

iTunes: "Am I Getting Through (Part I)" by Sheryl Crow
I am: surviving

I got back from the cruise and everything was fun, though I do not think I will ever go on a cruise again. Never. There was not nearly enough time on each island and all I wanted to do on the ship was sleep. Yes, sweet sweet sleep! Although I was pretty satisfied with what I saw I was severely disappointed in Jamaica. It was like road kill covered with thousands of maggots. Here I expected this untouched and amazing island, and instead I got a filthy town filled with drug dealers. I really shouldn't have expected so much. Darn me and my optimistic attitude. When will I learn that it will get me no where in life?

I went to Natalie's little performance at Drury a few nights ago. It was stupendous. I gave her a standing ovation. Granted there were no seats to sit in, and I had been standing the whole time...

Natalie almost lost her voice by the end of the night though. It was quite sad.

Hannah: "Sounds like you need a trachea transplant."
Me: "Or we could give her a tracheostomy!"
Me: "But she wouldn't really be able to talk so it would defeat the purpose of having the procedure."
Hannah and I : [hmm]
Hannah and I at the same time: "I think she needs one."
Natalie: "Are you talking about me?"
Me: "No, not at all."

No comments: