Saturday, November 12, 2005

2 wrongs make a left

iTunes: "Not Coming Home" by Maroon 5
I am: like an unbuttered bag of popcorn

Who wants to hear the saddest story in the world? Huh? Yeah, I know you do!!:

As some of you might have known I had this huge project due in metals the week I got back from my cruise so my plan was to get it 98% done the week before I left so that it would be pretty much ready to turn in when I got back. Well, it came down to the last two days I had to work on this terrible project and I was at the point where I needed to solder a back-plate to the shell of my piece. Keep in mind it takes 15 minutes to set this piece up to be soldered so if I didn't get it the first time I would have to start again. So, really I needed to get the soldering right the first time or else I was screwed. I had spent several hours trimming and cleaning the piece which ended up sucking half of my energy out. I reached a point where I was just so tired that I thought I was going to collapse the only thing keeping me awake was this random guy who would occasionally talk to me. As I began to heat up my piece random guy walked over: "Here, let me give you a helpful tip. You should really use two torches. It'll go a lot faster and you'll thank me in the end. Trust me." I thanked him and started to brainstorm how I was going to hold two torches without burning myself. Seeing that I was struggling he walked over and said that he would heat up the piece while I melted the solder. To make a ridiculously long story short, this upper level (clearly a senior) metals student took time out from doing his own project to advise me and pretty much save me from not getting this project done. SERIOUSLY. This man is my guardian angel. Very attractive guardian angel at that. You only can imagine how terrible I felt when I realized how horrific I looked that day. Feeling totally depressed that I had not made the slightest of impressions upon this guy I went home a little crushed but then cheered up knowing that it really didn't matter because the chances of me running into this very attractive metals guy were very slim. The next day (the day I would be leaving for the cruise) I went into the metals lab to finish up filing. Surprise surprise I ran into hot boy. Feeling the need to express my undying gratitude, I thanked him a thousand times in hopes that it would spawn some sort of conversation about my piece which would then spawn into casual conversation but being the lame-oid that I was I caught a glance at what time it was, realized that I was almost 10 minutes late to my class and ran out the door right after I thanked him. Once again when I got home it because clear that, that day I was dressed like some sort of hobo in search for something to eat. After a full 24 hours of pouting, there was a sigh of relief that, once again I would NEVER HAVE TO RELIVE this experience again.

Oh but God has a sense of humor. Oh yes he does.

Friday I was coming out the computer lab when I looked up to see hot metals boy. Naturally I did a double take. I knew that I knew him but I wasn't sure from where. Then it came to me, HOT METALS BOY WHO SAVED MY METALS PROJECT. The first time I looked at him we made eye contact but we both had this, "Do I know you?" look on our faces. Then I realized who he was. I quickly tried to redeem myself by smiling. Oh my goodness. I had the worst smile on my face. It's one of those smiles that you attempt to make attractive but really you're over doing it so it come out looking like you're having a seizure. The terrible thing about it was that I knew it was a bad smile and yet I continued with it. His reaction was terrible. He has this look like, "Are you ok? Do you need medical assistance?" Luckily we passed each other and I silently wept.

No comments: