Tuesday, November 15, 2005

I know Kung fu, karate, and 101 other dangerous words

iTunes: "Everything Zen" by Bush
I am: perplexing

You know you've got problems when you change your voice mail on a daily basis.

Friday it was:
"Hey, I'm out endangering the lives of small children everywhere so leave me a message and I'll see about calling you back!"

Thursday it was:
"I'm being chased by those dang leprechauns. They're after me lucky charms [said without any accent] again!! Leave me a message!"

Friday it was:
"Hey, it's Laura and I'm trying to get Bill Gates and Steve Jobs to work out their trust issues. Hm. We could be here a while. Well, you'd better leave me a message and hopefully I'll be able to get back to you!"

Saturday morning it was:
[in an attempt to mock all 16-year-old boys who think it's cool to be emo all the time] "Ugh, I'm just emo to pick up my phone right now, so leave me a message and I'll call you back when I start listening to Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltson."

Saturday evening it was:
"Ahhh. After being forced to listen to hours upon hours of crappy emo music as a form of cheap torture, I find myself unable to even answer my phone. So leave me a message and I'll call you back when I've stuck this Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltson CD into my stereo and have some how found the will to live again."

Sunday it became:
"Weezer fans are chasing me!! AHHHH!! Leave me a message"

Sunday evening and finally what I have on right now:
"Hey, it's Laura and I'm out endangering the lives of small children so leave me a message and I'll call you back when I get a chance!"

I need suggestions on a new one. Yes, this is what I do when I'm not at work, or school, or church...yes you may pity me but only if you give me the pity "aw."

No comments: