Thursday, November 17, 2005

Burrr I say it's cold in here

iTunes: "Hung Up" by Madonna
I am: frosty

Usually when winter rolls around we have this nice grace period where the temperature slowly drops. Giving us ample time to haul out the coats and sweaters. Not this year. Nope. This year, it went from 75 to 30 degrees in 24 hours. 24 STINKIN' HOURS. So I guess it's natural for me to be reluctant to accept that it is coat season. The last month, I've been trying to get away with not wearing one by layering up. Monday I decided it was time to wear 2 layers and found out that clearly that wasn't enough. On Tuesday I put on 3 and found that, though I look like some sort of sherpa but that's ok. Sadly this has resulted in the current cold that I have. Anyway, I decided this morning that fighting winter just wasn't worth the effort and trotted downstairs to put on my coat before leaving for school. Boy wasn't I surprised when I couldn't find it. Isn't irony great? Now I am being forced to skip around campus in 3 layers while avoiding frostbite.

No comments: