Sunday, April 17, 2005

Started a group just to cop the tunes

Personal theme music: "Breaking Rules" by All-Time Quarterback

Thanks to Justin, my CD collection has been extensively extended (haha that's totally a 'Laura Phrase'). I now know of such bands as 'Dispatch', 'Postal Service', and 'All-Time Quarterback.' I can now cruise down the road with the reassurance that no-one, other than Justin, has as a bigger variety in music than me. That's some serious satisfaction right there.

Hannah has kindly agreed to loan me her Jedi costume for work. Hmm, could it be possible that this is the reason that Laura is currently single? Nah. Jedis are cool and sexy. ::thinks of Ewan McGregor, Episode One generation:: Ooh yeah.

I have about 60 self portraits to do in the next 4 weeks. Panic hasn't hit yet. I figure I'll weasel myself out of this problem one way or another. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... Except the weasel. Oh Homer, you help us understand the MOST important things in life. ::sigh::

Speaking of art...my art teacher kindly displayed my crappy-est work up in the Art Annex. I am quite ashamed. When I find myself walking down that hall with other people I stick to a strict dialog to avoid any embarrassment...

Me: -looking at own artwork- Oh my GOODNESS LOOK AT THAT CRAP! I would be horrified if I was to put such vulgar work up! It is pure agony to even look upon these pieces!! We must leave quickly before the virus that clearly was infecting the mind of this artist becomes airborne, leaps from the paper, and infects our precious and malleable young minds!
Random friends: Doesn't that sign say your name?
Me: No. No it doesn't. -pushes friends out of hallway and upstairs-

I believe that is foolproof plan.

No comments: