Thursday, August 28, 2003

See L-Dub is down 'wit dat'

Sophmore year I was sitting in history class next to one of my good friends at the time, and we were looking at books on famous people from around the world when I leaned over and said, jokingly "I wonder why all artists are crazy psychos who end up being famous only AFTER they die." Then she responded coldly "I don't know why Laura. You're an artist why don't you tell me." I was stunned and all I could do is sit, looking at her with my mouth wide open.

I don't know why that came to mind but it did today. Funny...I smile when I think of that because the comment was so STUPID THAT SHE MADE TO ME!!!

Anyway I'm in portfolio class, trying to draw this colouge when I realize that I can't draw anymore. Here I am in this advanced class, surrounded by all these people who are KNOWN in my school as these excellent and I can't even draw a simple picture of this asian girl in a kimono. I felt so..icky. I know, or atleast I think I do, that I can draw well but is that good enough? ARG!! I hate doubting myself. Its just that...these girls in my class are so FREAKIN' GOOOD at drawing.

On a lighter note: my friend Ashley is Prez of Drama club so I get to help her out with all the fun stuff we do in there. I'm even going the 'hoody' design for her. All of us are going to have nicknames on the back. Mine will be one of the following..

LoLo

Velma

L-Dub it has to do with my last name begining with W.

Chip

I can't decide....ooo all of them are soooo good!!

No comments: