Saturday, June 03, 2006

Sometimes I find myself more amusing than those around me.

Example: I have a dog who enjoys running out the door ever chance she gets and when I say run...I mean really run. We usually spend about 10-20 minutes trying to get her back into the house because she finds it entertaining to see us dash after her. So you can only imagine that we do whatever possible to keep her from running out. Well, today, my mom had to take a few trash bags outside and requested that I distract our precious puppy from the fact that a window of opportunity (to her freedom) would open. So, I promptly lock both of the elbow joints with both arms sticking straight out in front of me, sporting "spirit fingers" and wave both hands in front of the dogs face while screaming in a creepy Michael Jackson-esque voice, "I'M A DISTRACTION! I'M A DISTRACTION". Of course the dog was not amused. In fact she was quite bored with my act. So much so, that she just walked away. I, on the other hand, found my act quite funny.

No comments: