Thursday, January 27, 2005

Sympathetic Tones

Theme song: "New Slang" by The Shins
I am: Ninja-fied

People can be so stupid sometimes. For instance they ask stupid questions with that tone of voice that signals pity. Like asking...
So how's work?

When they really are saying, "I know how much your work place sucks so I am showing interest only because my life is so boring that I find entertainment in your plights."
or
How's that friend situation of yours?
When clearly they just want to know if you're fighting like crazy so that some part of them that's empty can be filled with the pleasure of knowing that their life rocks more than yours.
Not that I have experience this at all. I haven't, at least not recently but I hear about this sort of thing every day and it saddens me. Saddens me to the MAX.

No comments: