Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Facebook Smiles

At some point I became addicted to facebook. I don't even know how it happened. I spend way too much time on it.....it's like a drug. Facebook has these cool new applications that you can add, one of which being HONESTY BOX. It's this nice little box that you put on your "profile" in which people post anonymous comments about you. To be completely honest, I only put it on there because in order to comment on OTHER people (in THEIR honesty box) you have to have the application yourself.

I never really liked the idea of being critiqued in secret or laying out a door mat that says "Annonymously tell me things that you hate about me!". I always meant to remove the application but I forgot. By chance, I checked it today.

This is what I found:
(From a boy)
"This'll sound really weird. I barely knew you at all in high school. A mutual friend said something about you wanting me to ask you to a dance or something like that. I said no, but ended up regretting it because the few interactions I had with you I realized that you were cute and funny. This'll torture you I'm sure, hah hah. But really, this is actually creepy of me, because I haven't even spoken to you since high school."

The nice thing about HONESTY BOX is that you can respond to that person. Here is what I said:
"Creepy? Nah! One time Linzy, Tamila, and I drove to some guy's house to grab grass from it because Linzy was obsessed with him. Now THAT'S creepy. Good times...good times.

Thanks for the compliment."

I have a vague idea of who it is just because only FRIENDS who have the Honesty Box application can comment and I'm pretty sure I know who it was. I am flattered and it makes me smile.

No comments: