Thursday, October 05, 2006

Death by corny joke

Andrew: "I'm hungry" ::holds hand over growling stomach::
Me: "Well, hi hungry, I'm..." ::laughs::
Andrew: "STOP. Do NOT finish that sentence." ::with hand over eyes, ashamed that he knows me::
Me: "..I'm Laura! It's nice to meet you hungry!"
Andrew: "Ew. Stop. Don't ever do that again."
Me: "But it's funny! Get it? See you said 'I'm hungry' and I replied.."
Andrew: "Stop. I get it. It's not funny."
Me: "Yes it is."
Andrew: "No it's not."
Me: "Yes it is."
Andrew: "No."
Me: "But it's funny!"
Andrew: "It's LAME!! You know it's probably because of these lame jokes that guys won't date you."
Me: "....."
Andrew: "Nah..I kid! Your jokes do suck though." ::laughs::
Me: "I hate you."
Andrew: "No you don't."
Me: "Yes I do."
Andrew: "Aw. No you don't."
Me: "Hey! How do you turn a baby into a dog?"
Andrew: "Oh God..."
Me: "Throw it in a trash can, drench it with lighter fluid, throw in a match and WOOF!"
Andrew: "See I would have gone with 'bury it in the ground, let it grow into a tree and then see, it's got bark!' Eh?"
Me: "...."
Andrew: "Hey that was pretty good right?"
Me: "...."
Andrew: "RIGHT?!"
Me: "I think we're missing something important."

I'd like to note that this whole conversation took place during church service tonight.

No comments: