Friday, July 30, 2004

Haha, no really. Where did you go?

Theme music: "Movies" by Alien Ant Farm
I am: in day two of Denial

I haven’t listened to Alien Ant Farm in a loooooong time. I popped in the CD tonight for some reason and couldn’t stop listening to that “Movies” song. Now I’m obsessed with that song. I must ban it from my I-Pod before it becomes a problem like “Iris.” I love how I try to relate every song to my life. I'm so cute when I do things like that!

My current list of songs banned from my I-Pod for obvious and stupid reasons:
"Ordinary" by Train
"Vindicated" by Dashboard Confessional (I honestly CAN NOT listen to this song)
“I’m only happy when it rains” by Garbage
“Biggest Mistake of your life” by New Found Glory
“Movies” by Alien Ant Farm
“Iris” by the Goo Goo Dolls
“Truth of my youth” by New Found Glory
“Every me and Every you” by Placebo“Staring at the sun” by Offspring

The Village was interesting. Boy, was that movie not what I expected. I really can't make up my mind whether I liked it or despised it. It was kind of like "Can't Hardly Wait" in the sense where it was this wonderful mixture of awesome and aweful. Goodness am I acutally comparing a teeny bopper movie to a M. Night movie? Heaven forbid!!!


You can’t really hate a movie that is written by the same man who did “Signs” and “Sixth Sense” or can you?? ::dun dun duuuuun::


Before I can tell about how awesome the screening was I must give you a background story: So when “Signs” first came out a group of people who go to my church went to go see it on opening night. So everything was going great and then the scene where M. Night Shyamalan (the director) makes his first appearance comes up. This guy in the group, Hunter, stands up, in the middle of the movie, points at the screen and says “THAT’S HIM!! THAT’S THE DIRECTOR!!” Of course, the rest of the church group is horribly embarrassed. Now I just heard about this story a few weeks ago and when it was told to me I just could not stop laughing. Ever since then I have teased Hunter like mad! Naturally, he denies screaming it but if you knew Hunter then you know he would do a great thing like that.

So knowing this I tell Andrew that we have to re-enact this at tonight’s showing. We talked about how we were going to do it. We’d stand up at the same time and scream,
“THAT’S HIM!! THAT’S THE DIRECTOR.”
Unfortunately, they never showed a clear shot of him. All you got was his stupid reflection so about 30 seconds after the scene cut Andrew stood up and shook his finger at the screen. No one really got it. Darn.

I showed off my tattoo to a few people at work. Lol, the best person was Amanda.

Me: Hey check this out! ::shows tattoo::
Amanda: Oh My GOD!! That’s awesome!
Me: Yeah I know!
Amanda: It’s so beautiful! ::gets closer and starts rubbing it.
Me: ::clenches face in agony::
Amanda: I can’t believe how great it looks. ::continues to pet the tattoo::
Me: Yeah ::in more agony::
Amanda: ooo ::still petting::
Me: AHHH!! By the way my skin is raw back there.
Amanda: Ooo. I’m so sorry. Did I hurt you?

Yeah, as if that wasn’t enough, this guy from church, Kevin, decided to get my attention by patting me on the back which would have been fine if my skin wasn’t pratically falling off back there.

It’s raining again. How natural. The forecast calls for rain almost all weekend. Is this a sign of things to come? Just to warn you all, the Lord might be attempting to drown me.

Oh man, today I really crapped things up. Apparently I’ve gotten to the point where I don’t say things in my mind anymore, I just spit them out like some kind of cracked up crack head, which would be fine if I didn’t do that at work. I was going to blame it on some kind of early turrets syndrome but I don’t think I could get away with that excuse. Darn.

No comments: