Wednesday, July 18, 2007

11:30am in the Atlanta Airport

He is wearing a Goosebumps t-shirt; authentically vintage. He reminds me of a past crush. It’s the way his hair is cut, it’s the way he crosses his legs, it's the awkward way he sits there and it’s his plaid green shorts. His slight 5 o’clock shadow brings attention to his defined jaw line. He is eating. He is eating Burger King of all things. I hope he is on my flight. I imagine the awkwardness that might ensue if he has the seat next to me. Will I stare at him? Will we make small talk? I remember a line from Pulp Fiction that refers small talk.

He has a macbook and a guitar case.

I hope we randomly meet in Gulfport. Maybe we will bump into each other while fishing for our suitcases at baggage claim. Maybe we will awkwardly make eye contact and smile in that way that reminds me of indie romance flicks.

No comments: